You can listen to Pam’s presentation of the session by clicking on play below.
You can either follow the text in the PDF, or you can follow the Session by scrolling down the page.
1) Balance Wheel
a) Seeing the centre of the wheel as 0, and the outer edge as 10, please rank your level of satisfaction with each area of your life and draw a new outer edge. The objective is to illustrate how bumpy your ride would be if this were a real wheel.
b) Referring to your Balance Wheel, please answer the following questions:
- What did you notice from the wheel?
- How fulfilled is your life right now?
- So where are you out of balance?
- What do you want to change?
- How satisfied are with your current state of balance?
- How do you prioritise these wedges?
- How would your life be different if you had 100% in all of the wedges?
- Which of these wedges requires immediate attention?
- What actions could improve some of the scores?
- How would your life be different if you created a single change that would give more balance?
- If this wedge were to be the right size, how would your life be different?
- How would it enhance what is going on in your life?
- Which wedge has the greatest leverage (big effect)?
- Is there anything you can add?
Create a list of your Values by answering the questions and thinking about the ideas below:
3) Unique Abilities
Start making a list of all the life skills that you possess.
Next, look at the list provided on the next page. Notice any abilities that you might have overlooked. Choose ten to fifteen words from the list that stand out as your unique abilities.
4) Introductory Questions
Please answer the following questions:
1. What would you do and how would you change your life if you won the lottery tomorrow – after you have taken a break!
2. What have you always wanted to do in life but been afraid to attempt?
3. What activities throughout your life have given you the greatest feelings of achievement?
4. What would you do if you couldn’t fail?
5. What are your three most important goals in life right now?
6. What is the one thing you have always wanted to do and somehow keep managing to put off?
7. If your life was perfect in every respect and you were too what would it look like?
8. Who do you need to be to live the life that you want?
9. If you were standing in front of a fountain and threw a coin in what would you wish for?
10. What will it be like when you catch the wave?
11. What are you tolerating?
12. What do you want more of in your life?
13. What don’t you want more of?
14. What do you want less of?
15. What don’t you want less of?
5) Primary Focus
Please identify the areas that you would want held as your main focus if you were a client.
You can listen to a demonstration of an Intake Session (Pam coaching Heather Pardon) by clicking on play below.
Please ensure that you have read Pages 18 – 34 and have listened to the MP3 recordings and then complete the Intake Session exercises above. Please then post your completed work in the Comment box at the bottom of this page. We recommend that you complete your work in a Word Document so that you have your own copy. Thank you!